Gaming Tax Returns are due on the 15th of the month. If the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the filing deadline is the next business day.
Statistics are presented a statewide and city-by-city basis.
Statistics are typically posted on or about the 20th of each month.
The Division of Gaming is prohibited by law from releasing statistics for individual casinos. The Division maintains an e-mail distribution list to receive statistics monthly in Microsoft Excel format.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the distribution list.
- Current Fiscal Year to Date *updated 11.23.22
Current Fiscal Year to Date
Location Format Statewide .xls Black Hawk .xls Central City .xls Cripple Creek .xls Colorado Gaming Rule 14 Format Electronic Promotional Credit (EPC) Reporting .xlsMonthly Gaming Statistics Month Format July 2022 .xls August 2022 .xls September 2022 .xls October 2022 .xls
- Previous Fiscal Years
- Statistical Summaries (updated 08.04.2022)
Statistical summaries are provided on a calendar year and fiscal year basis. The fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30. Gaming taxes are collected on a fiscal year basis.These summaries are updated annually.
- Tax Rates
Current Gaming Tax Rates, which became effective July 1, 2012, are:
Tax Rate as of July 1, 2012 Adjusted Gross Proceeds (AGP) 0.25% $0 - $2 million 2% $2 million - $5 million 9% $5 million - $8 million 11% $8 million - $10 million 16% $10 million - $13 million 20% Above $13 million
For historical tax rates, please see the most recent copy of the Fact Book & Abstract (below).
- Gaming Update
Current YearPrevious YearsIf you would like to receive an email when the next Gaming Update newsletter is published, please let us know. To be added to the distribution list, send an email with "Gaming Update" in the subject line to: email@example.com
- Fact Book & Abstract
This is an overview of the Colorado Gaming Industry, published annually, by the Division of Gaming.
- Division Financial Statements
Current Fiscal Year 2023 Division Financial Statements (Unaudited)Previous Fiscal Years Division Financial Statements Combined (Unaudited)Previous Fiscal Years Financial Statements (Audited)
Definitions of Terms
- Coin In = Amount wagered in a slot machine.
- AGP (Adjusted Gross Proceeds) = The total amount of all wagers made by players less all payments to players.
- Average Daily AGP = The amount of AGP earned by a device on a daily basis (AGP / # of devices / Average days open per month).
- Hold % = Percentage of revenue retained by a device (slot machine = AGP / Coins In, table game = AGP / Drop).
- Drop = The amount of money removed, or "dropped," from a table game or slot machine.
- Fiscal Year = July 1 to June 30.