Any Colorado Regulated Marijuana Business Owner who has 10% interest, or greater or Controls* the Regulated Marijuana Business should submit the appropriate Finding of Suitability Application:
Finding of Suitability Natural Person Application
Please Note: Fingerprints are required with the submission of this application: applicants must visit a Colorado State Approved Third-Party Fingerprint Provider and include your fingerprint receipt with your application packet.
Download the application unless applying digitally (more information below).
Finding of Suitability of Owner Entity Application (Business Entity)
Download application, unless applying digitally (more information below).
Regulated Marijuana Businesses withholding companies that were disclosed in MED business applications approved prior to November 1, 2019, may now be subject to suitability and licensure requirements pursuant to HB19-1090. Prior to the effective date of House Bill 19-1090, such holding companies were not subject to licensure requirements. However, the Division has identified prior-disclosed holding
- 1. Submit Application
Submit the Finding of Suitability application (see above) specific to the owner in question - Natural Person or Owner Entity
- 2. Submit Identification
Your submission must include a copy of your driver license, Colorado ID Card or valid U.S. passport.
- 3. Fingerprints
The MED has resumed in-person appointment-based services. If you have an in-person appointment ONLY, you may have your fingerprints taken during your in-person appointment. The cost for having fingerprints taken at the MED will be an additional $39.50. Payments can be made by check, money order and credit/debit cards. No cash will be accepted.
If you are applying online, by mail or via drop-off - you must use a third-party fingerprint provider. Customers can find information on the available third-party fingerprint service providers below. If you are submitting your application online, via USPS or dropping off your application, please have your fingerprints done after submitting your application (preferably within 7 days of submission). You may make an appointment ahead of time utilizing the appointment scheduling link, however, you must submit your application PRIOR TO being fingerprinted by a third party:
- 4. Pay Application Fee
The MED cannot complete the intake of your application without the application fee.
- Please include a check, money order or credit card authorization with your application submission. NO CASH will be accepted.
- To accommodate email submissions, the MED is also offering an online payment option available via the Colorado Interactive Payment System. For applicants using this online payment option, a MED staff member will contact you via email with a link to submit your payment.
- PLEASE NOTE: inaccurate payment may delay the issuance of your license. Full and proper payment is required, so please double-check your payment before submitting it! For a summary of fees, please see our MED Fee Schedule.
How to Submit Your Application
Applications may be submitted to the Lakewood Office ONLY:
Submit by Mail
Marijuana Enforcement Division
1697 Cole Blvd., Suite 200
Lakewood, CO 80401
Drop Off your Application
Lakewood Office Only
Lakewood Office ONLY - 1697 Cole Blvd. Suite 200, Lakewood, CO 80401. The MED Lakewood Office Drop Box is available from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please place your complete applications in an envelope to keep the application intact.
In-Person Application Submission
Lakewood and Colo. Springs Offices
- Please utilize the appointment scheduling link to schedule an appointment. This tool will allow you to choose your appointment type and the closest office to you.
- You must have your completed application and any additional documentation available at the time of your scheduled appointment.
- If you arrive more than ten (10) minutes late for your scheduled appointment, your appointment will be canceled and you must reschedule.
- For more information regarding in-person appointments, visit our Appointment Based In-Person Services webpage.