Racing Business License

About the License


The State of Colorado requires a Major and/or Minor Business License issued by the Division of Racing Events to operate an Off-Track Betting Facility (OTB) or any other business-related to racing in Colorado. All Business Licenses are valid for three (3) years.

Subscribe to Racing Licensee Updates

Racing Business License Helpful Links


Who Needs a Major Business License?

Association OTB
Affiliated Business/OTB
Totalisator Company

Who Needs a Minor Business License?

Concession Operator        
Feed Supplier        
Kennel Operator        
OTB Facility        
Photo Finish Business    
Public Housing Kennel Facility
Satellite Corporation
Tip Sheet Operator (independent)
Training Track
Tack Shop
Video Operator
Other Support Services