The MED has resumed in-person appointment-based services. If you have an in-person appointment ONLY, you may have your fingerprints taken during your in-person appointment. The cost for having fingerprints taken at the MED will be an additional $39.50. Payments can be made by check, money order and credit/debit cards. No cash will be accepted.
If you are applying online, by mail or via drop-off - you must use a third-party fingerprint provider. Customers can find information on the available third-party fingerprint service providers below. If you are submitting your application online, via USPS or dropping off your application, please have your fingerprints done after submitting your application (preferably within 7 days of submission). You may make an appointment ahead of time utilizing the appointment scheduling link, however you must submit your application PRIOR TO being fingerprinted by a third party.
This map shows where IdentoGo and American BioIdentity locations are located and designates whether the site is opened or closed. Sites highlighted in green are still providing service, and those highlighted in yellow have temporarily suspended services due to COVID-19. The location map is updated continuously with open and closed location information.
When you choose the third-party vendor you wish to use, please be sure to select the correct fingerprint type (you will pay between $54-$57 which includes a rolling fee) if you live in the State of Colorado. Do not choose an option that looks less expensive, as we will not get the fingerprint results, you will be required to mail your hard card to our office which will significantly delay the processing of your application by weeks. Do not choose the out-of-state option unless you truly live out-of-state, as this is more expensive.
- Check this map to find an open Colorado Fingerprinting Office near you.
- Marijuana Enforcement Division CBI Unique ID: 9500MAJI (Please Note that You MUST choose "CBI CABS Fingerprinting" or MED will not receive your fingerprints)
- Instructions for using Colorado Fingerprinting
- Check this map to find an open IdentoGo Office near you
- Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Service Code: Service Code-25YGBJ
- Instructions for using IdentoGo
Are you out of state?
- Here are instructions for getting fingerprints out of state.
- Please note - fingerprint cards cannot be older than six months old at the time of submission.