MED licensed marijuana business owners intending to make any modification to their MED Licensed Premises that constitutes a material change must submit a Report of Changes application describing the intended modification and receive approval prior to initiating any work to modify the premises. Please see Rule 2-260 for additional guidance on what constitutes a material change. This flowchart may be of additional assistance.
If you are unsure of whether or not a Modification of Premises application should be submitted for your proposed change, please contact Ashley Johnson, email@example.com.
The business owner must submit the Report of Changes Application along with the following:
- a diagram of the current layout of the licensed premises and a separate diagram detailing the proposed change(s) - including security equipment locations
- any revisions made to an existing lease due to the modification
- proof of any landlord's consent to the intended modification
- the full application fee
Note that the local authority within whose jurisdiction the businesses operate may also need to approve the modification, please check with your local licensing authority prior to making any modifications.
Applications may be submitted to the LAKEWOOD OFFICE ONLY:
- In-Person (Appointments Only): Please utilize the appointment scheduling link to schedule an appointment. For more information regarding in-person appointments visit our Appointment Based In-Person Services webpage.
- Mail-In: Marijuana Enforcement Division
1697 Cole Blvd., Suite 200
Lakewood, CO 80401
- Dropped-Off: MED's Lakewood Office will provide a secure receptacle for applicants to drop-off their new owner license applications from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. weekdays.
- ML1 online portal: Use your computer, phone, or another device with internet access to submit your application. (For more information, see our training video. Did you use our online application? If so, we want to hear from you! Please submit your feedback on this Google Form.)
Prior to Submission - DON'T FORGET:
Payment: The MED cannot complete its intake of your application without your payment of requisite fees.
Please include a check or money order with your application submission. NO CASH will be accepted.
The MED is also offering an online payment link option available via Colorado Interactive Payment System. For applicants seeking to use this online payment link option, following receipt of your application, a MED staff member will contact you via email with the link to submit your payment. PLEASE NOTE: inaccurate payment may delay the issuance of your license. Full and proper payment is required, so please double check your payment before submitting it! For a summary of fees, please see the MED Fee Schedule.