How to Apply
New key applications are generally completed within 60-90 days. Key license applications may be submitted by mail or via an in person appointment in a Gaming office. The Division of Gaming offers two Key applications for Limited Gaming in Colorado.
If you are applying for a Key/Associated Person License, you will need to complete the Original and Expired Key Application (PDF). It must be downloaded and saved in order to fill and sign.
If you are an executive, employee or agent of a tribal casino you will need to complete the Tribal Key application.
Please only choose one application to complete and submit:
You must be fingerprinted in order to obtain a original key and tribal key license. Applicants submitting an application via email MUST be fingerprinted electronically. DO NOT send scanned fingerprint cards; these will be rejected.
There are three options for obtaining fingerprints:
1. You can be fingerprinted at any Division of Gaming office for a fee of $40.00.
2. Colorado Applicant Background Services (CABS) vendor locations CABS locations include Colorado Fingerprinting and IndentoGO. Fingerprints taken at a CABS location will be transmitted electronically. Please include proof of fingerprinting, such as a receipt, when you submit your application.
3. Fingerprint services outside of Colorado or the United States may be obtained at an IdentoGO location. Ensure that 2 fingerprint cards are filled out completely and signed, bearing separately captured fingerprints. Also ensure the form “Verification of Fingerprints” is filled out and signed by the person performing the fingerprinting.
* DO NOT send scanned fingerprint cards as these will be rejected.
** If you submit physical fingerprint cards you must include a $40.00 processing fee. Fingerprint cards should only be submitted by applicants outside the state of Colorado or the United States.
Key/Associated Person and Tribal Key Application Checklist
- Completed Original Key And Expired Key Application Form or Tribal Key Application Form
- Copy of Form of Identification
- Proof that you have been fingerprinted
- Criminal History Dispositions (if applicable)
- Additional supporting documents, if required:
Schedule a Licensing Appointment
Should you experience any problems scheduling an appointment or have questions about the process, please call 303-205-1300. Thank you.
How to Submit Your Application
Submit by Mail or Drop Off
Mail or bring your application and supporting documents to:
1707 Cole Blvd., Suite 350
Lakewood, CO 80401
Note: A key gaming license is considered a public benefit. Under Colorado law, persons applying for a public benefit must establish lawful presence in the United States by providing certain types of identification and submitting a signed affidavit. The renewal application contains the necessary forms to establish lawful presence. For more information on lawful presence requirements, visit the main Department of Revenue web site.