We are excited to host the Social Equity Opportunities Conference with the Colorado Cannabis Business Office and the Denver Department of Excise and Licenses this fall. This conference is part of an ongoing partnership between the State of Colorado and the City and County of Denver to support a more equitable cannabis industry.
Current and potential cannabis social equity license applicants looking to start or grow their marijuana business in Colorado are encouraged to attend. The goal is to provide prospective licensees with resources, opportunities to network, and the information needed to succeed in this industry.
The conference will feature three tracks, including breakout sessions and panels with industry experts. The focus on the tracks, subject to change, will be on marketing and branding, finance, and finding eligible and successful locations. There also will be the opportunity for one-on-one time with regulators and for visiting resource tables.
WHAT: Social Equity Opportunities Conference
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
WHERE: Commons on Champa (1245 Champa St. in Denver).
WHO: This conference is specifically for potential or current cannabis social equity licensees.
COST: Attendance is free and registration is now CLOSED.
We hope to see you on Nov. 5.
NEW! Here is the most up-to-date program. Please note - the program (including speakers and topics) is subject to change.
Welcome Reception: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Coffee, tea and bagels will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Welcome Remarks and Opening Speaker: 10:30 - 11 a.m.
Jarell Wall, CEO and creative director of Gentleman Quinns Blunt Company
Session 1: 11 a.m. to 11:40 a.m.
- Panel discussion: Investment for minority-owned cannabis businesses
- Breakout session: Developing an effective brand
- Breakout session: Conducting a proximity check
Session 2: Noon to 12:40 p.m.
- Panel discussion: Navigating the commercial construction process
- Breakout session: Introduction to packaging
- Breakout session: Financial literacy for cannabis entrepreneurs
Session 3: 1 p.m. to 1:40 p.m.
- Panel discussion: Marketing products to stores
- Breakout session: Creating a winning pitch deck
- Breakout session: Steps to securing a location
Networking Session: 1:40 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Social equity entrepreneurs can connect with regulators, industry experts, and vendors
- All members of the cannabis industry are welcome to attend the networking session
- Registration is not required to attend the networking session
Registration is now CLOSED.
Interested in Becoming a Vendor?
Vendor space is full! Thanks for your interest.
For more information on Colorado's work on social equity, please visit the following sites:
Please reach out to:
Casey Hilton, MED Social Equity Policy Advisor